DILI: Timor-Leste government announced on Wednesday the removal of mandatory home confinement restrictions for people living in Dili municipality as of 23:59 on September 9.
DILI: The names of 600 people who will be allowed to enlist in the Timor-Leste Defence Force (FFDTL) will be announced on 15 September, the Commander and Chief Brigadier General Calisto dos Santos ’’ Coliati’’ said on Tuesday.
DILI: People living in Dili who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will no longer be exempt from home confinement restrictions as authorities struggle to stamp out infections caused by the highly infectious Delta variant of the pandemic.
DILI: Priest Martinho Gusmao declared his candidacy on Sunday for next year’s presidential election following an official termination of his services from the church, according to a letter released by Timor-Leste’s Bishop of Baucau Dom Basilio do Nascimento.
DILI: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $135 million loan to Timor-Leste for extending the runway at the main airport in the capital Dili, the bank said on Thursday.
DILI: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $135 million loan to Timor-Leste for extending the runway at the main airport in the capital Dili, the bank said on Thursday.
DILI:Timorese authorities extended COVID-19 home confinement measures in Dili for another week and imposed a health fence in Manufahi to contain an outbreak of the highly infectious Delta coronavirus variant.
DILI: Timor-Leste reported one of the country’s youngest deaths from COVID-19 on Thursday, as daily infections lingered at a 16-month high.
DILI: The Council of Ministers introduced on Wednesday mandatory home confinement for the population of Dili municipality for seven days to contain an outbreak of the highly infections Delta coronavirus.
DILI: Some 54 health workers from Manufahi and 39 staff from the President’s Palace have caught COVID-19, officials said, as Timor-Leste battles its highest COVID-19 caseload since the start of the pandemic in March 2020.
DILI: Timor-Leste is set to introduce COVID-19 vaccine identification after a surge in suspected forged vaccination documents being used nationwide.
DILI: Timor-Leste on Wednesday approved two more sanitary fences in the Oecusse enclave, while the Minster of Health confirmed the country’s first shipment of Pfizer vaccines as Timor-Leste works to control the spread of coronavirus.
DILI: The public must support health workers from attacks and harassment compounding the already heavy toll they are paying in the pandemic, the Minister of Health Odete Maria Freitas Belo said on Monday, following the assault of the health director of Ermera Municipal Authority by a patient’s family on Sunday.
DILI: The Ermera municipality has become Timor-Leste’s new COVID-19 hotspot after more than two thirds of new COVID-19 cases last week were reported in people living there.