Thursday, 28 May 2020 | Login
×

Error

An error occured during data fetch from google.com: Error calling GET https://www.googleapis.com/analytics/v3/data/ga?ids=ga%3A138150919&start-date=2017-01-15&end-date=2020-05-27&metrics=ga%3Avisits&dimensions=ga%3Ayear&start-index=1&max-results=1000: (403) Quota Error: profileId ga:138150919 has exceeded the daily request limit.
Commander of the National Police of Timor-Leste (PNTL) Commissioner Faustino da Costa Commander of the National Police of Timor-Leste (PNTL) Commissioner Faustino da Costa

Police Commander “Concerned” About People Not Staying Home Featured

DILI:Authorities are concerned about the number of vehicles moving around Dili, despite appeals for people to remain at home and implementation of Saturday’s state of emergency decree to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Commander of the National Police of Timor-Leste (PNTL) Commissioner Faustino da Costa on Monday said “several people” were under police watch for failing to adhere to movement restrictions.

“We are concerned about the movement of people on the streets of Dili after the state of emergency was enacted this weekend. Despite the reduction in the number of vehicles circulating in the capital, road traffic remains normal,” Faustino told media.

Under the decree people are being asked to restrict movement to essential purposes such as buying food and medicine.   

Timor-Leste’s borders, schools, communal public transport and places of worship are closed.

Faustino said officers were making routine checks of businesses across Dili to ensure staff were wearing masks and were hygiene complicit.

The warning comes as the country’s single coronavirus patient has fully recovered one week after being tested positive.

So far Timor-Leste has around 800 people in self-quarantine, with another 215 people who have recently entered into the country completed their 14 days of enforced quarantine.

Read 108 times
Rate this item
(0 votes)